Sunday, March 21, 2010

Shopping is NOT for people with ADD

I was just looking around Target the other day. I wasnt going to buy anything, and trust me I didnt. I really didnt have any money (thankfully!) but I've decided to declare that another thing that is not good for people with ADD is shopping.

You think you came for one thing but look at. You are stuck in an area of a store that is just filled with clothes. And they all look great. School shopping was my favorite time of the year. Not just cause I didnt pay for the clothes but because I liked new things. We didnt get them often as I wanted to. But there you go shopping.

Now shopping for the ADD person is bad because you get distracted. You see this and that your eyes are constantly wandering around. Now I'm not talking like you are trying to look for one thing, but if you are trying to get a dress and you end up with pants and a shirt know why. Hello ADD distractions!

I'd advise if you are going to go shopping NO coffee, NO sugar or you will be there much longer. While pick me ups are great for some people, the distractions from the ADD kicking in will be far not worth the wait for the shopping. So if you gotta go shopping dont bring along the sugary stuff.

I personally hate shopping. It takes too much time, its too distracting, it costs money.

Of course the number one winner for ADD people is credit cards! Now dont get me started on my issues with them but if you got a card everything becomes an emergency. You want to use it all the time. You forget what life is like when you didnt have it. Forget not shopping, you want to cause you can. And then you pay for it for years.

So I'd advise you not to have sugar, not to have a credit card and if at all possible avoid shopping. If you are with someone else with ADD this also spells trouble so the best way to shop is sugar free, credit free and alone. If all else fails set a limit, a time and be out of there quick as you can.

Or the shopping monster will eat you up!

Till I remember to write again...

No comments:

Post a Comment