Monday, August 17, 2009

Oh thats right, no thats right, oh it is right, oh...

One of the worst things I find about having A.D.D. is this stupid feature. I have a name for it. Its the OH THATS RIGHT feature. This is how it goes, it ALWAYS goes.

You have something you know you need to do, want, have to buy, etc. So you try to remind yourself. You know you have ADD but you dont care. So you put it some place PLANNING to recall it later on. You even sometimes try to remind yourself.

Okay doing alright so far. Till you forget about it all together. I cant tell you how many things I have in my wallet that I keep forgetting to take out because the only time I think about it is I am looking through my wallet to buy something or record stuff in the check book. Its never to just get that item. It takes me weeks sometimes to recall to take out that thing!

Or we need to buy something, but the ONLY time we recall to buy it is we see the stuff that is at home we need more of and then without a list (we never make them!) we go off to the store and dont buy that item because we keep forgetting!

How many times have I looked at Mel or she looks at me and goes "where is that?" and the other goes OH I FORGOT IT. Why? Oh it was in the a spot we were 100% positive we would go to again and see it, but instead we were so trying to get whatever we were thinking about at the time we forgot it. By the door when we are leaving, on the a/c right by the door. On the bag by the door. Even if we are walking by it and running out the door doesnt matter where it is, if we arent thinking about it we forget it.

This happens a lot and its very annoying. More and more lately we have to run back inside because we have to remember that.

Oh thats right, I recall it...but dont do a thing...next time same thing...next time. Its no wonder we have to shop almost every day, we always are forgetting things. Then we turn to each other and say "remind me to get that" and then the other person forgets what was said and we still forget it.

I love A.D.D. so much!!

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment