Sunday, August 16, 2009

Beginnings

Hi my name is Holly. I have A.D.D. You know that thing where you get very distracted...all the time. And all the fun that goes with it.

But lets just say that I didnt always think I had A.D.D. because I had a version more quiet then the normal one. And still its the same thing. More of the daydreamer, messy person in the family. Mom without even testing me (after my sister was confirmned to have ADHD) said that I had the version not everyone notices...the day dreamer.

Well when I heard that I had such a horrible thing I felt sad and ashamned. I felt like I had a disease I didnt ask for, and was thrust upon me since I was little and only now did I know. At the same time I was glad. It explained so much about me. The messy tendency, the collecting things, not finishing things, daydreaming and being distracted.

The only person to be test was my middle sister, none others. But we both pretty positive both our parents have the gene to pass it on. They just might not admit it...now they say that a lot of people do have A.D.D. and they out grow those little things after they are small kids. With drugs some that have it in adulthood can be just fine. Then comes along people like me and my sister and pretty much many people I know (who wont admit it but do have it we are pretty sure!).

We are the loud people you see tripping. The ones who get distracted so much we leave things in the oddest of places, and dont even recall doing it. I hear it gets worse when you loose things of structure such as school. It doesnt help to move out on your own. Since we left our parents care two years back we meaning me and my sister Melody have both noticed that our A.D.D. things seem to get only worse not better...and worse by everything and stress isnt the greatest thing.

Take for example in the last few weeks I have lost my California ID card. Its broken my heart to say that. Not only will I have to fork out $12 before December when it was to expire to replace it, but its the last piece of Cali that I shall have. Now I have nothing. I am hoping my school ID might be okay till then...what else can I do? Nothing! Now where is it? I dont do this kinda of thing but I cant say I never have...after all I left my 'planner' in the mall bathroom when I used work at B&N the first time in California...and the next day found someone had stolen it and used the card debit one for stuff almost $100 worth, and well lets just say that having ADD can suck at times.

I also almost overdrew my account when I "forgot" to record something in my checkbook. I have been so careful to not do this for ages now, and scold my sister for her not taking time to do so herself. Then I went and spent $2.48 and didnt realize it was not there for 2 weeks later and almost had a big problem that I didnt know I had...

Hold on...I'm getting ahead of myself. This will be a blog, that I shall hope to write in when I can. All kinds of funny, stupid and sometimes not so great stuff that I have done due to A.D.D.

If you want a fine example of A.D.D. heres one more. Few weeks ago as we left the river area after a workout we drove off...with my tennis shoes and socks on the roof! They flew off in the street Mel had to stop the car several feet away and run back to get them and thankfully no cars hit them, but went around them...

Thats ADD in action. I am not anonymous, I say I have ADD on all my descriptions so people might "get it" and maybe they wont.

Bright lights, pretty colors, the sky, the sun, the stars, and the green grass. If seen at the right time this might distract me too...but now I'm going off. Leave lots of goods for next time.

So catch me back here again and again. Soon as I recall its here, as I put up all sorts of stories of Mel, or me or both as we live out our ADD now in our adult years away from home...

No comments:

Post a Comment